We are committed to giving you the best service we can. However, there may be a time you feel the need to complain about a service we have provided.
This complaints procedure is for:
· people who have used our services and are unhappy
· people who feel they haven’t received a service that we said we would provide
If you have a more serious concern then you should speak to the Charity Commission. They have procedures to:
· complain about a charity
· complain about disagreements and disputes between trustees (the Charity Commission will only intervene in special circumstances)
· report a serious concern if you’re auditing or examining a charity’s accounts
We will ensure that your complaint is:
· treated seriously
· handled fairly without bias or discrimination
· treated confidentially
Initially you should make your complaint to a member of staff at Winchester Basics Bank. You should make your complaint within 3 months of the event or issue about which you are complaining. You need to tell us:
· what you think went wrong
· what you think we should do to put it right
When someone else complains on your behalf, we need written confirmation from you saying that you agree for them act for you.
What happens next?
1. Someone who has not been involved with your original case will look at it fairly.
2. Where possible, they will be at a more senior level than the original person/s involved.
3. The reviewer will aim to respond to you within 30 working days.
They will tell you the:
· conclusions from their review
· reasons for the outcome
If you are still not satisfied:
If you are unhappy with the outcome of the first review, you have 1 month to ask for your complaint to be reviewed by a member of the Board of Trustees. They will look at how the first review was handled, specifically if it:
· addressed the issues of your complaint
· fixed any shortfalls in our service
· conveyed the outcome clearly
· was thorough and fair
They will aim to let you know the outcome within 30 working days. This will be our final response to your complaint.
If the complaint is about the Chair or another officer of the charity, the reviewer will be a Vice Chair or Trustees and the second reviewer, if needed, will be another Trustee not involved in the original complaint.