In need?

shelves-with-foodWe operate on a referral system, so those wishing to access Winchester Basics Bank’s service should obtain a voucher from one of our partner agencies. Everyone’s circumstances are different so we work with a wide range of organisations to try to ensure that most of the local population is covered.

If you are living in rented accommodation, you should contact Winchester City Council housing department or the relevant housing association in the first instance. If you are homeless or vulnerably housed, you should contact the Trinity Centre.

Here are some examples of partner agencies where you can obtain vouchers:

  • Winchester Churches Night Shelter
  • Your local housing association
  • Winchester City Council
  • Citizen’s Advice Bureau
  • Social Services
  • Health Visitors
  • Local churches
  • Probation Officers
  • The Trinity Centre
  • Some local schools
  • Children’s centres

If you are still unsure about who to approach for assistance, please call us on 01962 855774 or email By asking you a few very general questions we can usually point you in the right direction.