We are always in need of tinned and dried food. Items can be brought into the Basics Bank during opening hours (Tuesday and Fridays, 10am-3pm) or put into our trolleys at either of the Sainsbury’s stores at Badger Farm and Middlebrook Street, the Co-op in Alresford or Waitrose in Stockbridge Road, Weeke. They may also be handed in at our local MP Steve Brine’s office close to Pickard’s and Leaf and Bean in Stockbridge Road.
We are particularly short of the following items:-
- Tinned Custard
- Corned Beef
- Tinned Ham
- Tinned meat pies (no steak and ale or others with alcohol)
- Small jars of coffee
- Tinned Tomatoes
- Tinned Fish
- Pasta & Curry Sauces
- Dry Rice
- Tinned Fruit
- Long Life Milk
Our Full Stock List
- Peanut butter
- Instant coffee (small sizes)
- Pasta sauces
- Rice (long grain and basmati)
- Instant mashed potato
- Cereals (small box size)
Cartons and Plastic bottles
- UHT Milk (1 litre full and semi skimmed)
- Fruit Juice
The Basics Bank is grateful to receive any clean clothes in good condition, for men or women. The greatest need is for casual clothes such as fleeces, t-shirts and jeans. Trainers and socks are always sought after. We regret that we are unable to accept children’s clothes, bedding or other household items.
Please bring appropriate clothes to the Basics Bank during opening hours (Tuesday and Fridays, 10am-3pm). Please do not leave clothes at food collection points or in the doorway.
There are a number of options if you would like to support us financially:
- Give a one-off amount through our mydonate page or send a cheque (made payable to Winchester Basics Bank) to our office at 21a Penton Place, Milland Road, Winchester, SO23 0PZ
- Donate a gift-aided monthly sum using one of these forms 2015 Gift Aid with standing order and Bank details or 2015 Gift Aid with Bank details
- Help us by doing your online shopping via Easyfundraising.org.uk
- Make us a beneficiary of your will
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 01962 855774, 07581370020 or emailing Winchbbank@gmail.com.
Havest Festival contributions
Schools and other organisations will often hold collections for food at Harvest Festival time during the autumn; the Basics Bank gratefully receives these contributions. If you would like a member of the board to visit your school and take part in a Harvest Assembly, please contact us by calling 01962 855774 or emailing Winchbbank@gmail.com.